"ORA - 02067 -transaction or savepoint rollback required".

  • From: "Anant " <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:35:57 +0530

Hi all,

I am facing the below error when running the script. The script
actually doing the selects the table( from remote DB) and inserts and
updates to that table. Meanwhile it is throwing "ORA - 02067
-transaction or savepoint rollback required". Initially I had a dblink
error and resolved it.

Other sources says:

Cause:  A failure (typically a trigger or stored procedure with
multiple remote updates) occurred such that the all-or-nothing
execution of a previous Oracle call cannot be guaranteed.
Action: Rollback to a previous savepoint or rollback the transaction
and resubmit.

Adding to the above point:
Is it is a transaction of an inactive session which was on the
archiving table on the remote database. if so how can I find out and
kill that session, so that i can restart the batch to see if it works
fine.Is my appraoch correct?.
Can anyone show me the light on this and guide me please?.

Thanks in advance,
Anant