ONS events

  • From: "Johan Eriksson" <valpis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:08:14 +0200

Hi

(database is 10.2.0.3 , solaris 10)

We are trying to test FCF on our system but I have some questions
about this. We are using onc_subscriber ( from
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/rac/zip/fcf_stepbystep.zip
) but we don't get any events at all from the RAC.

What event does ONS send and triggers on? Have tried to find a list
but no luck...
To trigger some events we have moved the service from one node to
another, but nothing, and we have chosen to subscribe to all events.

When using FCFDemo2 from the package, which polls and prints which
instance we are on, it looks like we follow the move to a different
node.

Could someone please explain this in more detail, or point me to docs,
and I would be grateful.

/johan