Re: OMS and Repository Preferences

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:30:15 -0600

Problem is that the doc explicitly says

"A separate Oracle Database can be installed and used as an Oracle
Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM Grid Control) repository without
additional license requirements, provided that all the targets
(databases, applications, and so forth) managed in this repository are
correctly licensed. "

and a lawyer might have a difficulty equating "a separate database" to
"a primary and a standby instance and completely duplicated files" ...

On the RAC part - I have verified in writing with Oracle that any
options (such as RAC, OneNode, Spatial, Partitioning, etc.) to the EE
database used as OMR are not included in the above statement.

/Hans