OMS Repository Upgrade

  • From: Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:31:46 -0400

Grid Control 10.2.0.4

We are running Grid Control, with the OMS on a Windows server.  Its
database repository is a 9.2 database on a HP-UX server.  (We wanted to use
Grid but didn't have the resources for a 10.2 database at the time).   This
has been working for about 2 years, so we have a repository full of
information.  When install Grid we chose the option "install into an
existing database".  Users SYSADM, SYSMAN, MGMT_VIEW were created with the
install, as well as MGMT_TABLEPSACE and MGMT_ECM_DEPOT_TS tablespsaces.

We are now ready to make all of our databases 10.2, and right now working
on upgrading the repository database.   When upgrading from 9.2 to 10.2,
the dbua wants to create the SYSMAN user and some objects.  However, SYSMAN
is already in there from the Grid install.   I don't want to lose the info
that I have in SYSMAN.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  I was using dbua.  If we did a manual
upgrade-in-place, how to handle the differences of SYSMAN?

Sherrie Kubis
Oracle DBA Supervisor
Information Resources Department
Application Systems Section
Southwest Florida Water Management District
352-796-7211 x4033
mailto:Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.watermatters.org

Good judgement comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  All E-mail sent to or from this address are public record
and archived.  The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow
use of District equipment and E-mail facilities for non-District business
purposes.