OID Odyssey

Sigh.....


Ok, I've got OID and Multi-Master Replication working.

Now, I'm trying to get the Oracle client to use DNS to look up an SRV
record to locate the directory server(s).

With a static ldap.ora, it works fine.  As soon as I remove the ldap.ora
file, it fails.  (I thought by eliminating the ldap.ora, it would
fall-through and do a DNS lookup, but that's not happening.)  I had my
sysadmin sniffing the network, and there is not even a DNS request
coming in from my machine, when I do a tnsping.

I'm not having any luck w/ the documentation explaining what, if any,
change needs to be made so that the client will look to DNS to find an
LDAP server.  Is it supposed to be as simple as removing the ldap.ora
file?  Is there more to it than that?

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions welcome.....

God forbid, I may need to open a TAR!  (Sorry, SR!)  Brrr.....scary! ;-)

-Mark
--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect
ProQuest Information & Learning

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."
 <<Bobak, Mark.vcf>> 
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bobak;Mark
FN:Bobak, Mark
ORG:ProQuest Information and Learning;Database Group
TITLE:Software Architect, Sr-TPD
TEL;WORK;VOICE:734.975.6086
ADR;WORK:;ECC4-N01E04;1400 Eisenhower Parkway
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:ECC4-N01E04=0D=0A1400 Eisenhower Parkway
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20051213T223654Z
END:VCARD

Other related posts: