RE: OFF TOPIC -EBAY and NOTICE THAT YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE SUSPENDED

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kduret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:43:34 -0500

One of the oldest phising schemes on the web.  Must get 10 or more each
day that are similar, even from institutions I don't do business with.
Funny one was SunTrust yesterday.  In the morning one came in asking me
to verify my account information, I don't have one.  At noon time a
second one came in saying that they might have to suspend my access if I
did not comply.  Then 2 hours later a another arrived saying my access
was suspended & that the only way I could get back in was via the
attached link to somewhere (http:\\218.12.122.5).  They even stated that
"customer assistance cannot help you" and that you'd have to wait 72
hours after completing their form to get back in.

Yup, the Grinch and/or Ebenezer Scrooge is alive & well.  Worst part is
that a lot of folks fall for these.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA