Re: OEM vs Foglight

  • From: Ingrid Voigt <GiantPanda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:49:10 +0200

On 13.07.2011 16:36, Guillermo Alan Bort wrote:

So, today we had a very boring and long presentation by Quest about foglight...
they are saying that their product is the
best and I think it's a lot cheaper that OEM...

Cheaper than free? (Already have EE + DP + TP licenses)

so my question goes out
there to you, the community whose opinion I respect. If you had the
choice of staying with OEM or implementing foglight, what would you do? why?

We use Grid Control / Toad / SQLPlus for administration; Grid Control for
database monitoring; Nagios for companywide availability and SLA monitoring
(redundancy intentional). Foglight would have been nice but my superiors
decided that its features are not useful enough to justify the cost.

Regards
Ingrid