Re: OEM poll

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:23:10 -0500

I would consider to run OMS on Linux 32 bit - I found it far more
stable than on other platforms.
Agent is another story and can indeed run badly on some platforms
especially on big machines consuming quite a bit of resources.
However, you should be able to disable resource consuming metric
collections. Again, 10.2 agents seems to be better and better with
every patchset.

On 3/22/07, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
<Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian,

I had it running via release 1.  But it sucked so bad (hung AIX server
*every* morning) I de-installed it.

We are highly dependent on OEM 9i.  Need to make a decisions about
installing release 2 of 10g grid, but have been putting it off.  I can
avoid it for now because we only have one production 10g database and we
are using dbconsole for that one database.

But when the smoke clears, I need to look at installing release 2 and
getting it configured.

Basically on hold for now.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.