OEM justification

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:32:40 -0400

I creating a justification for OEM.  (Should I?)

The company used to license the packs for EM console, but stopped a year
ago.   I want them to license OEM Grid.  For what I guess is $40,000?
per 4 processor server?   It would monitor 5 servers, 2 of them
development, (maybe more... especially if it were to be extended).

ADDR, Accounts for various activities... e.g. Refreshing Dev or Test
databases from OEM himself without DBA :) (cloning).  Managers,
operations, can see real time graphs of how the database is doing.
Jobs: RMAN backups, Tuning, and on and on.

What is the impact of Not having OEM.   The databases will humm along
like normal for a couple more years... but?

Just Listing all the benefits can be over the top -- they would also
have to understand... and overcome the hurtle posed by the fact that we
are doing 'fine' now -- aren't we?

Any feedback?