Re: OEM email alert for Tablespace Usage

  • From: "ed lewis" <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <merchanti@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:42:16 -0500

Hi,
    I'm having a similiar problem.
I have email alerts set up, and a get alter notifications
mailed to me in most cases.
    For "blocked session count", an alert is generated,
but it is not mailed to me. Any idea what that might be ?

    thanks

  Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:03:27 -0300
  From: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  To: sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx
  CC: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  You can either define a template, which affects all the targets of a group or
you can define a special value from the Policy link in performance page of the
target. (I might have the name wrong, but it was something to do with policies
and it was on the performance page in related links if I recall...)

  hth
  Alan.-

  On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 6:53 PM, sundar mahadevan
<sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hi Group,
    Greetings. I am trying to setup OEM email alert when the tablespace reaches
85% for warning and 95% for critical. I go to preferences -> under Notification
-> Rules -> create a rule -> for All targets of type Database Instance -> and
the metric is Tablespace Space Used . I do not see any threshold specified
(remember seeing thresholds specified). Am I doing it right? My OEM grid is
11.1. Dint get much help from google and metalink. Thanks in advance.