RE: OEM and the HTTP Listener

  • From: "Mary Bahrami" <mbahrami@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:38:24 -0800

Ian,

I have 10g EM running on a solaris box, monitoring an 8, a 9, and a 10 =
database;  apache runs only on the box running the oms service (em10g), =
a 10 agent runs on the servers where the target databases run.  The only =
v10 service running on the target servers is the agent and a perl parent =
process; there was no modification of the listeners on the target =
servers, they don't run http, don't run http listener either, but they =
can still resolve pages run from a browser (not launched from the server =
running apache) of the format:
h t t p://server.oursite.com:1999/emd/main/   =20
apparently this is resolved using 'http connectivity' between the target =
and oms servers; maybe another lister can explain how this works?

Mary