OEM Repository ; Collection time for Management Repository Views

  • From: Sukumar Kurup <sukuora@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to use Management Repository Views from the OEM repository
database. In particular, extract TABLESPACE_SIZE, TABLESPACE_USED_SIZE
from SYSMAN.MGMT$DB_TABLESPACES view and compare them against a table having
thresholds (warn & page) for each database target in OEM, and generate alarms
if the TABLESPACE_USED_SIZE  is more than the thresholds.

The problem is with collection timestamp. It does not happen daily , and
hence SYSMAN.MGMT$DB_TABLESPACES does not have the latest data.

I opened a SR with Oracle support, but no help so far.

Can anyone please clarify :

1. When does the collection happen? Is it configurable ?  I see a wide range,
spread across a week or so.
2. How can we force  collection for all databases at a specific time, before I
run the report against the MGMT$DB_TABLESPACES view ?

Thanks,

Sukumar