OEM - ORACLE support policies

  • From: <rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:57:23 -0500

Reference - Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control Certification Checker
[ID 412431.1]

Somewhere in there is this (underlines mine)

NOTE: Oracle Enterprise Manager support for managing the listed targets
follows the support policy for the target. When Premier Support ends for
a target, Enterprise Manager Support for managing the target also ends.
For reference, see Oracle Lifetime Support Policy
<http://www.oracle.com/support/library/brochure/lifetime-support-technol
ogy.pdf>  and Error Correction Policy.
<https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=209768.1&b
lackframe=1> "

I am not entirely clear what this means and how does this jive with the
life time support policy

If I can not monitor and manage a target after the premier support ends
does that not practically mean that there is no support for that version
(target).

Note that to me it also means that even if you purchased extended
support for the target, support for OEM monitoring and managing of the
target is not in place.

I am only talking about official support.

What gives?

Thanks

Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html
for important disclosures and information about our e-mail
policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders
or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social
Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other
personal information.