Re: OEM 9I against a 10g target

  • From: makbo <makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:50:07 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Has anyone succesfully utilized the 9i OEM against a 10g database?
> Right now I'm getting an apparently spurious message about a missing
> select any dictionary privilege

I received the same spurious message, so it's not just your
installation. The 10g OEM Java Console is available on the client
install disk (for Windows, at least), and works with 9i too.  It has a
few bugs, compared to the 9i version:

1) filling in the login dialog box the first time, it always ignores the
first character typed in the "Username" field.  After the first time,
it's OK.

2) right-mouse click on items on the right hand side of the screen
doesn't work correctly anymore (shows bogus information), you have to
expand the list on the left side and then click on the object there to
"View Details" or "Display Contents".

The new HTTP-based database control still tells you to use the Java
Console in the following cases, so it's not dead yet:

"Use the Enterprise Manager 10g Java Console to manage Streams, Advanced
Replication, Advanced Queues, XML Database, Spatial and Workspace."

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com