Re: OEM 12c on windows 8

  • From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "maazanjum@xxxxxxxxx" <maazanjum@xxxxxxxxx>, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:22:49 -0700 (PDT)

I have EM12c, one release 2 and another release 3 with an 11.2.0.3 repository
DB running on two different Windows 8 machines without an issue, but I also
have enough memory to support the environment, (16G on either machine...)

The first thing you want to do is look at the installation log to see if there
was an error or other information pertinent to the failure that was trapped.
If there was an error, what was the error code and message?

Kellyn Pot'Vin
http://about.me/dbakevlar

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!
On Monday, April 28, 2014 10:30 AM, Maaz Anjum <maazanjum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would you consider using a Virtualbox Guest VM instead of installing directly
onto your laptop? That way, you can chose a supported OS version and control
(easily) the resources allocated to the Guest VM.

That way you have two options, either install it from scratch, or download the
VirtualBox template from edelivery.oracle.com/linux
(https://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/Download/get_form?egroup_aru_number=16621066)

Cheers,
Maaz

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Since certify does not list Windows 8 as a supported platform, you are on your
own.

--
A life yet to be lived...