Re: OEM 11g Not alerting of critical status...

  • From: David Lord <dlordster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:51:22 +0000

I believe that tablespace alerts are actually generated by the database -
OEM just picks them up and passes them on - so if the db alerting isn't
working, or has got out of sync with the agent you can end up with symptoms
like these.  It may be worthwhile checking what's showing in
dba_outstanding_alerts.

If I remember correctly, there is an option in OEM to resync the agent, but
I can't tell you where it is as I don't have access today.  I also think
there's a MOS note out there somewhere for it.

Regards
--
David Lord