Re: OEL4 slowness on VMWare

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:06:10 +0300

Hello Allen

Have you checked the overall load on the server?
We had a case where users suffered from bad response time, up to disconnects, when accessing a database working under VMWare. When we removed all the other virtual machines from the VMWare server suddenly all the problems went away.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Allen, Brandon wrote:
Just an update - we tested OEL4 64-bit and it is MUCH better as you can
see below.  I don't know what the problem was with OEL 32-bit, but just
beware that it may not run well on VMWare and please let me know if you
observe the same or if you have any idea what is causing the slowness.