From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:38 AM
To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx; DEVA@xxxxxxxx
Cc: Syed Jaffar Hussain; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OCP DBA question?

its not worth the cost of an oracle course to get certified. I am
certified and it has little to no value. if you just want to learn the
information and prove that you know it, then study for the tests.

        From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>

        OCA doesn't have any pre-requisits. Without attending any OU
course, one can sit for OCA.
        In order to complete OCP, one need to provide the pre-requisit
course attendance details before.

        2. Does a online course/CBT perhaps qualify as a hands on?
        This need to cross check with the prerequisits. Or probably
sending an email to ocp exam team would be good idea.

        On 2/28/07, Denham Eva <DEVA@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

                This email is subject to Terms and Conditions as found
in our Email Legal Notice which forms part of this email message in
terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act
25 of 2002.    Please click on
http://www.mf.co.za/content/EMAIL_Legal_Notice.asp
<http://www.mf.co.za/content/EMAIL_Legal_Notice.asp> , or send a blank
email to disclaim@xxxxxxxx <mailto:disclaim@xxxxxxxx> . By receiving,
reading or acting upon this email you will automatically be bound by the
terms of the  Email Legal Notice.

                Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Limited

                Authorised Financial Services Provider

________________________________

                Hello,

                I have been wanting to do my certification for awhile
but as a contractor it means having to loose income and paying ZAR12000
which equates to a huge chunk of finance in South Africa.
                My question is this:
                1. Can I write the exams and do the required hands on
course at the end or is it a requirement for doing at the begining of
the certification.
                2. Does a online course/CBT perhaps qualify as a hands
on? (As time is a problem - always :-) Lets face it passing the exam is
the point is it not? Rather than warming an Oracle University seat?

                TIA
                Regards
                denham

        --
        Best Regards,
        Syed Jaffar Hussain

        http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain

        "Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."