Nothing works => Import using multiple compressed files ?!!

Hi Friends ,

I have to import using multiple compressed (*.gz) files.
I have 19 compressed dmp files which are named imp01.gz,
imp02.gz etc. All this have the data of one single schema.

Now i want to import without uncompressing the files because
of space issue.I tried a script from asktom . This is my script.

$cat `echo $DUMPDIR/vald2000_NGE_1904_05162006_*.dmp.gz | sort` |
gunzip > /VMP1/archive/ngepipe.dmp &

$imp parfile=/VMP1/export/ngedumps/imp.par &

And the par file looks like :

userid='/ as sysdba'
file=/VMP1/archive/ngepipe.dmp
log=/VMP1/export/ngedumps/imp03.log
buffer=20971520
feedback=100000
commit=y
ignore=y
fromuser=nge
touser=nge

The import goes thro'
the first dmp (imp01.gz) file. But it doesn't continue to the second (imp02.gz)
file.It fails saying (last few lines from the import log) :

. . importing table                 "BILLING_2002"
Import file: expdat.dmp >
gunzip: stdout: Broken pipe
cat: write error: Broken pipe
cat: write error: Broken pipe
cat: write error: Broken pipe
cat: write error: Broken pipe

Import terminated successfully with warnings.
cat: write error: Broken pipe
cat: write error: Broken pipe
cat: write error: Broken pipe

I couldn't make out what this means. Does this indicate 2G limitation.
Can someone help on this please ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prem J