Not as straightforward as it would appear: [exec] [java] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Oracle 10.2.0.2 on Redhat 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2
oracle-jdbc-10.2.0.2.0
jdk1.5.0_11
Weblogic uses jrockit-R27.4.0-jdk1.5.0_12

Suddenly late last week, our developers started getting the above error on
SELECT statements.  Yes, all proper verifications have been done - database
connection string is correct, the correct usernames and passwords are being
used and the queries can still be executed in SQL*Plus and Toad.  The
developers each have their own objects.  A database bounce makes this go
away.  For a few days.  Then it starts happening again.  There have been no
changes on the database side.  I've searched Google, Metalink, and Oracle-L
and I've opened an SR.  I can see evidence that other customers have
experienced this but I haven't found where any of them resolved it.

There is anecdotal evidence that this has happened here before in the past
before my time.  The word "version" as in Flashback Query has popped up in
conversations.  It is suspected that an incorrectly parsed query ends up in
the shared pool for whatever reason and, from that point on, any further
executions of that query result in the error. I tried flushing the shared
pool, but then a developer started getting permissions errors, so I had to
go ahead and bounce the database.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, was there a resolution?

Regards,
Mark Strickland
Seattle