Re: Not Allowed Status DG Switchover

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stalinsk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:41:55 +0200

Hi Stalin,

'Not allowed' is nothing to worry about. It just tells that the primary
hasn't been 'committed to switchover to standby', so in this state you
van only failover, not switchover to the standby.

You will see, that if you complete the preparation on the primary for a
switchover, the standby will show 'TO PRIMARY' as switchover status. By
then you can 'commit to switchover to primary' the standby.

This is documented in chapter 14 ('VIEWS') of the Data Guard concepts
and administration guide (maybe another chapter number for 10g, I had
only 9iR2 docs at hand here).

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===