RE: Node in a 2 cluster RAC environment keeps failing over

  • From: Scott <oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:22:25 -0800 (PST)

Laura, My understanding per Veritas is that this is
not best practice. Veritas round robins through the
cards and the slower card could cause problems.

I have implemented Vertias successfully but no site I
have done has had different card speeds. I did one
site with 2 1G cards and 1 100Mb card and we had
problems. They remove the slower card and the problems
went away.

I have seen some Veritas bulletins on disabling
fastpath but I don't remember under what conditions.
This may have been it but I don't recall.

Scott