Re: No to SQL? Anti-database movement gains steam

  • From: David Ballester <ballester.david@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:06:08 +0200

2009/7/6 Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>  I think very on-topic, but if you read the article, they modified
> PostgreSQL to be columnar instead of row-based.  This holds up with another
> school of thought from folks like Vertica that column-oriented databases are
> the “way to go” to scale to these types of data sizes and ranges.  Yet
> another variant on the traditional RDBMS for specific uses.  They also
> mentioned that yahoo acquired the technology from a small startup, and then
> adapted it.
>

> Matt

Yes, that's what I said  that they get the postgresql source code and
rebuild some part ( for example, major ACID code ) sorry for my english O:D.
In anyway where I wanna focus is in the fact that, immo, no enteprise
company has developed a solution to meet this hungry services, and each one
has developed is own.

D.