RE: No timestamps for redolog switches on Windohs?

  • To: <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:01:29 -0500

Rich,

I have a db running on :
Windows 2000 sp2
Oracle 9.0.1.3.1
Noarchive mode

This is a snapshot of the alert log:

Tue Mar 14 10:30:01 2006
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3821
  Current log# 1 seq# 3821 mem# 0: C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ALIHOST\REDO01.LOG
Tue Mar 14 12:30:03 2006
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3822
  Current log# 2 seq# 3822 mem# 0: C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ALIHOST\REDO02.LOG
Tue Mar 14 14:30:05 2006
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3823
  Current log# 3 seq# 3823 mem# 0: C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ALIHOST\REDO03.LOG
Tue Mar 14 17:30:04 2006
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3824
  Current log# 1 seq# 3824 mem# 0: C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ALIHOST\REDO01.LOG

I have the same thing for a db on:
Windows 2000 sp4
Oracle  9.2.0.3
Noarchive mode.

Perhaps an init.ora parameter affects this?  Both of my databases have
TIMED_STATISTICS set to true, but I'd be surprised if that was a factor.

Jay