No timestamps for redolog switches on Windohs?

Hey all,

As I'm migrating two DBs from 8.1.7.4.0 to 9.2.0.7.0 (+Jan2006 patch), I
see that the alert.log for the new 9i database has no timestamps for the
redolog changes, unlike other DBs we have.  The main differences between
this and other DBs I have are:

        1) These DBs are on Windohs; others are on Unix/Linux.
        2) These DBs are NOT in ARCHIVELOG mode (as per SLA/EULA --
don't ask).

I would normally just fire up another DB and put it into archivelog mode
to see if the alert.log would have timestamps, but I don't have a box
free to try this on.

Thoughts?

Rich