Re: "No bind buffers allocated" and "_optim_peek_user_binds = true"

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:58:23 -0500

I tried an even more simple test (create table dummy (a varchar2(2))), and
was not able to reproduce the problem. Still investigating, but I am very
suspicious. Another anomaly is that running my original sql with a 10053 did
not produce a trace file (statistics_level = all). The last, very simple
test did, however.

On 9/13/06, Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I filed a bug with Oracle. Apparently, bind buffers are not peeked when you set statistics_level = ALL in 10.2.0.2. At least, not for my simple tests.

I was using statistics_level = all because it makes Cardinality Feedback
so much simpler (query 2 dictionary tables, as opposed to ripping apart
10046 and 10053 traces). So much for that idea....

-- Charles Schultz