RE: New dba questions to the former dba?

  • From: "Richard Ji" <Richard.Ji@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stant_98@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:34:18 -0400

His home phone number. :)

Ok besides that, here is a few things I can think of:
o CSI number.
o All the contacts like Oracle sale rep's, 3rd party application vendors =
etc.
o An overview of the databases and it's applications.
o An overview of the storage subsystem like SANs or anything.
o Logins.  OS and Oracle and others.
o Any tricks he did to improve the application performance
  because the developer/vendor won't/can't change their code.
o The backup/recovery strategy he implmemnted.
o The monitoring he implemented.
o whatever process he implemented, location of scripts etc,
  an overview of all scripts etc.

Richard