Re: New database releases - training dev staff

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bob_murching@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:45:41 -0500

Bob,
 Since new features are typically less stable than the more mature features,
and you'll be the one responsible if they base a lot of a new project on
some new feature you encouraged them to use, you have to ask yourself, "do
you feel lucky, punk?". It may depend on your environment, but in the past I
have been a little reluctant to press the developers to plunge into new
features.
 I have given as you say, the brown bag sessions to give some overall
introduction. If you are invited to early design meetings, that is an
opportunity to see what they are up against and then research and propose
new Oracle features. You can also use this as leverage to get yourself
invited to these meetings. If they view you as an asset they will included
you more willingly.
 Dennis Williams