Re: New book

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:15:47 -0400

Joel,

The North East Ohio Oracle Users Group (www.neooug.org) had Craig in last
year to do a presentation on forecasting Oracle performance.  Craig did a
very nice job explaining queuing theory and the resulting implications on
forecasting.  His presentation included providing some simple forecasting
models.  Although I haven't read the book, it appears to be him setting to
paper what he has been teaching for a long time.

On 3/29/07, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Anyone have any opinion on the book or author for "Forecasting Oracle
Performance" by Craig
Shallahamer<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/104-7503377-2103117?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Craig%20Shallahamer>
 being
advertised by OraPub, Inc?   It is 'being printed now' as per Amazon – and
he offers a course on the same subject on the same Ad.

I've been googling, but not much on a book that hasn't been printed yet.
(but maybe reviewed), or maybe someone here is familiar with the author.

Joel Patterson

Database Administrator

joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx

x72546