New RAC services vs internal Service

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:45:42 -0800 (PST)

Need to know as why we should go to create a seperate Service beside the
internal created with same name as Database name.

If we are using Service for all database connection with all node as Preferred,
then does this external Service provide more advantage?
Does internal service is also doing same funcitonalilty of Load
Balancing/Failover for any issue on One RAC nodes or external service handle
more appropriately?

TIA
Sanjay