Re: New NetApp storage

  • From: "Harish Kalra" <harish.kumar.kalra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:44:57 +1000

In case you are planning to use NetApp for Oracle RAC databases then you may
be intrested to enquire about the NetApp filer failover time in case of
failure. With the help of  Oracle, NetApp has published white papers about
the mount point options and other items to be considered, while using
NetApp for Oracle data files.

Other important consideration is overall deployment of NetApp storage like
private network from the hosts to access the NetApp storage such
as redundany for hardware components to avoid failure etc.

Thanks & Regards
-Harish Kalra