Re: New DB Connections Failing ?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 03:16:12 -0500

On 11/15/2006 01:36:59 AM, VIVEK_SHARMA wrote:
> Folks
>

> 4 Points of Advice by Oracle Corp:-
>

> 1) This seems to be a failure to create a socket and resulting failure
> to create a connection
>

> 2) There is an Operating System Error in the error stack:
> ntresnt[1]=227, which appear to be 'can't assign requested address', but
> you would need to verify this on your platform.

This is precisely why I asked you to open a SR. One cannot even begin to
resolve this problem
without the entire configuration information, RDA collection at the minimum.
For you information,
I had a similar problem quite recently (3 weeks ago) and problem lied squarely
on "virtual
addresses". There is a Linux feature which is supposed to create a "virtual
address" for cluster
hosts which should float from one host to another one, in the case of failure.
For some reasons,
that didn't work quite well with Oracle. When I switched back to Oracle's
fail-over methods (TNS entry),
it worked like a charm. When occasionally listener wouldn't be able to use the
"virtual" address, it
would report precisely the error you had. Further insisting on solving this
problem on the list is
pointless and only makes the list less readable.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com