Re: Need advice on import with auto undo

  • From: LiShan Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:02:24 +0100

Hi

11GB dump file doesnt mean you need a large UNDO, remember by default a
commit is issued after each table import. You must know your largest table
size and not the dump file size.

You can increase undo_retention sure, just that by doing so you will need
more space, if space is not an issue I would let the undo autoextend (with
maxsize on) with several datafiles and in the import use

RESUMABLE
RESUMABLE_NAME
RESUMABLE_TIMEOUT

So if undo is full you can simply add more space and resume the import.

Regards

LSC