Re: Need a lesson in RMAN for RAC

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 14:20:29 -0700

On 9/7/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Was the SYSTEM file actually restored, or is it a file from a pre-existing
> database?

Charles replied:

The SYSTEM datafile (as all others) came from a previous backup on the same
host. The Incarnation of the database was from 27-Jul, and I have had
incremental merge backups every day since then. To wit, I was able to
recover the database using a slightly earlier time (1 hour), which further
adds to my confusion about this particular error.

I posted this for him, as his Oracle-L email account is currently
non-functional.

--
Jared Still