RE: Nagging RMAN error

  • From: "Fred Smith" <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:07:14 -0400

Yes, strangely enough I can touch a file there without error.

And the directory exists with fully open permissions:

bell1{oracle}:/xfer/rman_backups/bell1_nic=> pwd
/xfer/rman_backups/bell1_nic
bell1{oracle}:/xfer/rman_backups/bell1_nic=> ls -la
total 155350384
drwxrwxrwx 3 oracle dba 2048 Sep 15 12:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 oracle other 1024 Sep 2 21:20 ..
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 2891296768 Sep 14 16:28 bell1_nic_archivelogs_20050914_NIC_1igukio3_1_1.arc
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 2790060544 Sep 14 16:36 bell1_nic_archivelogs_20050914_NIC_1jgukj7v_1_1.arc
drwxrwxrwx 2 oracle dba 1024 Sep 15 12:06 control_files
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 12286288384 Sep 2 15:58 full_backup_20050902_NIC_12gtkqjg_1_1.bus
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 12286288384 Sep 6 16:32 full_backup_20050906_NIC_18gtvdh3_1_1.bus
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 12301451776 Sep 7 16:52 full_backup_20050907_NIC_1agu23ll_1_1.bus
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 12301451776 Sep 8 15:59 full_backup_20050908_NIC_1cgu4k8f_1_1.bus
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 12308103680 Sep 9 11:29 full_backup_20050909_NIC_1egu6p4k_1_1.bus
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 12335448576 Sep 14 14:42 full_backup_20050914_NIC_1ggukaod_1_1.bus
bell1{oracle}:/xfer/rman_backups/bell1_nic=>

From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Nagging RMAN error
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:32:17 +0100

Can you touch a file of that name to create one?
It seems to suggest a problem creating the file

Sorry to be so obvious

oerr ora 19504
19504, 00000, "failed to create file \"%s\""
// *Cause:  call to create file returned an error
// *Action: check additional messages, check access permissions

John