Re: NO Oracle Support

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jreid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:07:27 -0700

Oracle Support is the worst it has been in all the years I've had to
deal with them, since around 1989. The "new and improved" MOS is a
huge joke, and that is when it really started going downhill faster
than ever.

Week before last I had to file an SR, and was flagged as being
'Priority". My problem was that I dropped a primary key constraint and
then created a new one with a different name and different columns,
but when I went to perform DML on the table, I kept getting errors
about a primary key violation on the constraint I dropped. I finally
found the offending constraint listed in one of the data dictionary
tables, so I subsequently appended my SR witht he new information and
asked if it would be okay to directly remove the constraint from the
data dictionary table.

24 hours later my SR was still flagged on MOS as waiting for support,
so I took a chance and took a current full backup and then deleted the
offending row from the data dictionary table and my problem (luckily)
was fixed. I was none too happy with Support and closed my SR with a
little nasty-gram about how terrible support was. In almost 36 hours
they hadn't even looked at my SR, and as far as I know, they still
haven't. I have not received any confirming email back from Oracle
yet, let alone their customary email about taking a survey on how my
experience with MOS was.

--
-- Bill Ferguson