RE: NLS_CHARACTERSET client settings

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:03:56 -0700

Did you try using iSQL*Plus?  Since it's browser based, and since the
browser already understands various character sets, that's the easiest
way I've found to deal with multilingual data on Windows clients. =20

SQL*Plus, unfortunately, is dependent on the Windows code page, which is
a region-specific encoding (i.e. Windows-1252).  Windows doesn't provide
a good way to handle multilingual data for this sort of thing.

Justin Cave =20
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC