Re: NL & Hash Outer Join question

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:54:37 -0500

Hmmm .... we don't use system stats, simply because we don't. As for 10053
trace, this specific query occures in middle of a process. This process
assigns chunks of data to upto 10 slaves, grabs data returned by them,
analyzes that and spits out final output.

So, I could only trace the whole process for 10053 trace. Now, I must admit
that my latin is far better than the cryptic language of 10053 trace. So, it
is my plan to print it out, and scan through it over the weekend.

thanks for the input.
rjamya

On 1/25/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Do both instances have (the same) system stats?  What differences do you
see in the 10053 trace?

*From:* oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *rjamya

What might cause a query using NL (in 9204) use Hash Outer Join (in 9208)
when all optimizer and memory parameter being same.

consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it.

Got RAC?