RE: NETCA, DBCA, and Deinstalls hanging in new 10g RAC build

  • From: "Bort, Guillermo" <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeffthomas24@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:15:33 -0500

I've had quiet a few Solaris RAC installations failing, this is not new
for me.

You could simply try to run the tools in silent mode which should work
fine, or check the log ($ORACLE_HOME/cftgoollogs I think) to see the
error (most likely a java error).

Also, check that you have all the system pre-requisites and rw
permissions on voting and ocr files/devices.
Re-run the cluster verification script with the apropriate patameters
(-post db I think)

Another way to de-install everything is to delete the following:

$ORACLE_HOME
$ORA_CRS_HOME
OCR (dd if=/dev/zero of=path to OCR bs=1024 count=size of ocr device in
K)
/var/opt/oracle/*

After that, re-install CRS and RDBMS. However, keep in mind that this is
not windows, reinstalling the software usually doesn't solve the
issue...

Also, do you have CRS started when you are trying to run netca/dbca?

HTH

Guillermo Alan Bort
DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company