Re: Mysterious FILTER operation ;)

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:01:11 -0000

One of those circumstances (I forget who first
mentioned it) is if a cursor is flushed (and therefore
awaiting a RELOAD, rather than a revalidation)
when you close it.  Oracle does not recreate the
execution plan simply to be able to write it to the
trace file.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated Dec 23rd 2004