Re: Multiple SQL version count with cusror_sharing=similar

  • From: Randolf Geist <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Neeraj Bhatia <neeraj.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:42:15 +0200

> I just checked that after parsing first version of the query, sql
> trace of second version (i.e. where deptno=20) is resulting in
> library cache miss. Need to re-run the case, and if result is
> consistent, will definitely share.

Neeraj,

just beware of the effect of enabling SQL trace: By enabling SQL Trace you
force a library cache miss if the version of the statement *with tracing
enabled* is not yet in the library cache, because this setting is part of
environment that is checked when looking for existing child cursors. You might
want to double-check V$SQL_SHARED_CURSOR to make sure that the miss wasn't
caused by simply enabling the trace.

Depending on the order of execution you need to take that into account for your
analysis.

Regards,
Randolf

Oracle related stuff blog:
http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/

SQLTools++ for Oracle (Open source Oracle GUI for Windows):
http://www.sqltools-plusplus.org:7676/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlt-pp/
Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!* http://produkte.web.de/go/02/