Multiple ORACLE_HOMEs in 9iRAC on Linux

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:55:47 +0800

We are building a Linux Cluster [initially 2 nodes, later 4 nodes] to hold
multiple Oracle databases.

On Unix we always maintain seperate ORACLE_HOMEs if there is more than 1
database on a server
[seperate O_H allows seperate patching and seperate version upgrades].

On the Linux Cluster, we undertand, that there can only be 1 Oracle Cluster
Manager install.  Oracle's
notes on 9iRAC installatiion also include installing the Database RDBMS
executables into the same
O_H as the Cluster Manager.

Would there be any reason why we can't have
  a) One O_H for the Cluster Manager
  b) A second O_H for the first Database
  c) A third O_H for the second Database
?