Re: Multiple Listener

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:15:46 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Wolfgang. I will check and update as I found that the server has Oracle
804 and not 806 and will see if it works with this unsupported version.

Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  You can use the 10.2 listener to service all databases. Listeners are
backward compatible. You only need to run 1 listener of the same
version as your "highest" Oracle version database.

At 08:23 AM 11/29/2006, Sanjay Mishra wrote:
>I have three Oracle software in one server 8.06, 817 and
>and each one is having one instance running on the server. Do I need
>to run three listener for all three Database separately on 3
>different Port or there is any way that I can use one Listener to
>take care of all Client request.

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation

For more information please visit