Re: Multi-instances cluster and ASM max lun numbers

  • From: Robert Hanuschke <robert.hanuschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:07:50 +0200

Hi Stefano,
sure, everything comes with a price.
I assume the possibility of such a logical corruption (physical failures
should have been taken care of with redundancy of any form) is pretty low,
though. Never had a problem like that until now. Maybe the other list
members can help with their experiences to get a bigger, statistically more
relevant picture.

Maybe a compromise would be possible - bundle some of the less critical
databases into the same disk groups to at least save somewhat of the total
number needed.

Thinking another direction - a Data Guard configuration to another cluster
(so - no single point of failure) is a solution one could evaluate. Of
course, that will also have some cost attached to it.

In the end, that's a cost/risk decision you have to make.

Best regards,
Robert
http://robertvsoracle.blogspot.com