RE: Moving tables to a different tablespace using exp from 9i and imp into 11gR2

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <snelson@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:19:58 -0500

Can you use 11g exp/imp combo?

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546
-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott W Nelson
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 2:43 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Moving tables to a different tablespace using exp from 9i and
imp into 11gR2

In the past I have changed the owners default tablespace, allocated
quota on the new tablespace, revoked any quota for the old tablespace,
dropped the existing table then done an import of that table and had it
successfully create it in the users new default tablespace.

I can not get this to work importing into 11gR2.  I receive an
ORA-01536: space quota exceeded on the old tablespace.

Datapump seems to not be an option for this as the source of the export
is a 9i database.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Scott Nelson