RE: Moving from single instance to RAC

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:52:46 +1000

Hi

Are you staying on AIX or moving to Linux
From Jarrods survey you will be in a minority group of sites running RAC
and it makes sense not to use high costs subsystems like AIX servers to
be your RAC hosts.

Why are you moving to RAC, what problem is it you are trying to solve

You need to test and test and test some more before going live and load
test your application or it may get very messy after you go live

Without knowing the application of if its an inhouse application then
its difficult to say much

You need to consider if you need multiple sets of clusters for your site

You have to use RMAN

Cheers

Peter