Re: Moving data to tablespace with new name

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:12:54 +0200

You forgot to mention that transportable tablespace require two things:
1) The tablespaces needs to be a self sustaining set.
2) They need to be in read only when you copy them.

Dex did not mention that his data copy can accommodate these requirements.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

zhu chao wrote:

The easiest way would use transportable tableespace. You export your
tablespace with transportable tablespace, edit the dumpfile header,
change tablespace name , and import it into new database.

THis takes least down time

On 6/30/05, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We want to move application data from one database to another.  However, in
the new database we want to change the tablespace names so that they follow
a new naming convention.   What is the easiest/most efficient way of doing

Zhu Chao