RE: Moving a 250gig database from SUN to HPUX

  • From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

It's not the copy that won't work.... that part WILL work. But unless
the file layouts, block sizes etc are IDENTICAL between OS's it's not
going to even be possible it might work.

Even if they are identical, Oracle still won't support it (at least not
until 10g from what I gather about 10g) so you are out of luck.

Otherwise you could do it as a transportable tablespace as well I would
imagine.