Re: Move system, temp and undotbs1?

  • From: "cichomitiko gmail" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:44:29 +0200

You cannot move the system tablespace, you have to re-create the control
files to change the system data file's path.

To move the temp tablespace:

create tablespace temp1 datafile 'new_mount_point_data_file_name' size <n>;

then ...

alter user <username> temporary tablespace temp1; --> for the users that
have temporary tablespace temp!

then ...

drop tablespace temp including contents and datafiles;

To move the undo tablespace:

create undo tablespace undotbs2 datafile 'new_mount_point_data_file_name'
size <n>;

alter system set undo_tablespace=undotbs2;

drop tablespace undotbs1 including contents and datafiles;

Cheers
Dimitre