RE: Move Control File in ASM

  • From: "Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB" <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ian Cary" <ian.cary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:04:42 -0400

Great thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Cary [mailto:ian.cary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:47 AM
To: Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Move Control File in ASM

DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER should do the trick.

create directory dir1 as '+DATA/db';
create directory dir2 as '+DATA/db/CONTROLFILE';

exec
dbms_file_transfer.copy_file('dir1','control01.ctl','dir2','control01.ct
l');

Cheers,

Ian

|         |           Tom.Terrian.ctr@dl|
|         |           a.mil             |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           oracle-l-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org       |
|         |           21/05/2008 12:07  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           Tom.Terrian.ctr   |

---------------------------------------|

  |       To:       oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Move Control File in ASM

---------------------------------------|

Using Oracle 10.2, does anyone know how to move a control file in that
is in ASM 10.2?  I want to move my control file from
+DATA/db/control01.ctl to +DATA/db/CONTROLFILE/control01.ctl.  I can
change the init.ora parameter but I don't see a mv command in asmcmd in
10.2.

Thanks,
Tom

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National
Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

*********

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely
monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic
communications
*********

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message
are not necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics
*********

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On
leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.